Friday, April 11, 2008

A messy birth

This is my first time blogging. I am interested in survival, self sufficiency, and some politics. I am not interested in racist BS or frothing at the mouth conspiracy theories. There are plenty of places for those who are into that to have their fun. I would like to give a nod to James Wesley Rawles, James Dakin, Rangerman, and the men at Total Survivalist Libertarian Rantfest. Their blogs have influenced me to try to contribute to the discussion of survival. Taking steps to prepare for emergencies, disasters, or TEOTWAWKI it is hard to know where to begin. While I have always felt a need to prepare, it is only in the last three years that I have begun in earnest. There is truth in the statements men have made about feeling overwhelmed by how much there is to do to get ready. The important thing is to do something. JWR's lists of lists is a good start. In the end making preps is like eating an elephant. How do you do it? One bite at a time. I'm pretty busy so I will probably only update two or three times a week.

No comments: